How are ya’ll today ? Good good I hope. My exams are in less than 2 weeks and I know, I’m always ranting about it on here because I can’t Lol. but I really can’t! Anyways, it’s the last week of September finally! I can’t possibly be the only one that thinks September was taking its time, like wyd ??
I complied a list of 5 things that has helped me so far in building my spiritual life.
1. Gospel songs: This has to be one of the things that has greatly helped to me. Most times when I’m plugged and listening to songs on my phone and it switches to a gospel song and I’m just overwhelmed and start replaying the song over and over. There are so many songs that’ll just make you want to know God more and even reassure you of his promises. Some of my favorites are Kirk Franklin – I am, William McDowell – my heart sings, Nathaniel bassey – Onise Iyanu, Sinach – Waymaker.
2. Devotionals: The usefulness of devotionals cannot be over emphasized. The fact that there is one to read everyday just keeps you in tune for the day ahead and keeps you cautious of the presence of God.
3. Speaking and staying positives always: This is hard because its human to say what you see as it is. But no matter what’s going on, you have to stay positive and speak positive. Speak what you want into existence. Over the past months I started prepping for my exams, I’ve been saying over and over that I’ve already passed my exams even before I write them because I believe and know I will pass it.
4. Serving : I can truly say before I became a worker in church, I was just a ‘Sunday christian’, going to church late and just going on Sundays because “Sunday is the day we go to church”. But ever since I joined a department in 2014 my spiritual life has gone from 0 to 100 real quick. (okay maybe not 100 but you get what I mean) We have meetings twice every week where we come together to pray and discuss the word of God so I can say I’m always in tune with the word. I never miss midweek services because I know I have to work. So serving has made a drastic change
5. Attending other church programs : This goes hand in hand with serving. Before I became a worker in church I hardly ever used to attend any other church programs asides Sunday services. But the fact that I’m a worker now and I know I’m not expected to miss it, I always attend and I can say they help a lot. Some weeks ago, I attended a leadership training my church organized for workers and it was soo inspiring! I learnt soo many things.
Some of which are : As a leader, credit is the amount of trust people have in your leadership. A leader must be very cautious of his/her credit.
How to get a good credit
- Be competent : be good at what you do.
- Be consistent : have a good track record.
- Be compassionate and show care to your followers.
- Be credible/real : be someone people can relate with.
- Be charismatic : lead with confidence and be a leader that naturally motivates your followers.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
What has helped you grow spiritually ?