Happy New Month Guyss!!!
Feels so good to be able to type that again and the fact that I’m back to writing. *happy dance*
I know once you saw this post title your mind just went to “is he a chairman or is he an alhaji”… LOL. I know, me too! And I know someone somewhere thought of another type of daddy.. hmn! God help you.
It’s a GOSPEL POST!! So, enough of the silliness, let me get right to it.
One thing my pastor is forever saying is “Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP and not a religion” so that’s basically what I’m on about today. We all have our biological or earthly fathers, and the kind of relationship we have with them is almost entirely similar to the one we are supposed to have with God. I mean, he is our father too.
To most of us, we go to our dads for everything. Why don’t we go to God to ? He can do much more than even your dads can. Okay let me give some scenarios
1. You need/want money or anything at all, who do most of us go to ? Our dads. The bible says in
- Philippians 4:19 – “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- Ephesians 3:20 – “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.”
2. You are feeling sick or ill ? The bible says in
- James 5:14-15 – “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.”
- 3 john 1:2 – “ Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”
3. Of course if we are worrying about anything at all, we tell our dads. The bible says in
- Philippians 4:6-7 – “ do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.“
- Psalm 46 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea 3 though its waters roar and foam,though the mountains tremble at its swelling. 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns...
Get the drill now ? This psalm is one of my favorites so far. I feel like it’s just a boost of confidence, like you can always read it and know your tomorrow will be okay. That your “daddy” has your back! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean we aren’t supposed to tell our earthly fathers, but why not also tell the one whose grace is sufficient for all, the one who through him all things are possible?
I feel like some people take God too seriously, like he’s somewhat strict and you can’t just have a conversation with him. You can talk to him concerning anything at all. What to wear, what to eat and so on. One of my prayers point right now or, let me rephrase one thing I’m been talking to God about lately is my hair. Like “please daddy let this thing grow!” Every time I see someone with big and long natural hair I’m just like thinking “daddy, you can see o! This is what I want” Lol, Please put me in your prayers.
Also, another thing my pastor says which I’m trying to adopt is this, when you’re going through anything at all, be it financial, relationship, spiritual… get a bible verse that talks about/relates to that same thing you’re going through and use it as your prayer point.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
What’s that one thing your pastor always says that has stuck with you ? Do share.
Have a wonderful day!